You may have seen that there is quite a lot of activity on the former Victoria Ground at the moment. And there's going to be more when the Developers move on. Currently, there is the site preparation works. I have already commented on the removal of Japanese Knotweed and the other shrubs.
Yesterday (Wednesday 11th October 2017) I met the Developer and Principal Contractor on site. See above with Rob Greaves, Emma Laventine and Aurie Cox of St Modwen Homes.
There were several issues I raised with them:-
- I asked that there should be no vehicles entering or leaving the site during the hours when parents and young people are trying to get to and from school;
- That no vehicles entering or leaving the site use Lonsdale Street;
- For them to set up a viewing platform so that locals and other interested parties could see what is happening on the site;
- Carefully consider the pedestrian arrangements they make when they reconstruct Boothen Old Road in front of the site AND
- most importantly, that they let people know what their plans are!
I'm pleased to say that they were responsive to my comments and they intend to write to neighbours in the next week or so.
I shall meet regularly with them over the construction period and if you have any problems or queries please let me know on firstname.lastname@example.org and I shall raise those issues for you.
Edit:- I have subsequently requested that they install wheel washing facilities on site to prevent mud on the road.